W8SVR X-Ply are low-waste, load-path oriented tape lay-ups that are particularly suitable for thermoforming and injection moulding or as structural reinforcement in multi-material constructions. We adapt the continuous fibre-reinforced semi-finished products to the laminate lay-up, size and geometry you require using Automated Tape Laying Technology (ATL). You can choose from a wide range of thermoplastic UD tapes and get a tailored composite blank that meets your structural and mechanical requirements at the lowest possible weight. With W8SVR X-Ply, the right material is always at the right place.
- Best mechanical properties due to 100% load-optimized laminate construction
- Extremely light due to minimal use of material
- Reduced CO2 footprint and minimal material loss due to net-shape architecture
- Simple 0/90 crossply laminate also possible
- Precise application of UD tapes & high-quality reinforcing fibres exactly where they are needed
At W8SVR, we work with you to determine the most appropriate solution. From natural fibres to high-performance carbon fibres, from polyethylene to polyamides to high-performance thermoplastics: you can choose from a wide range of possible combinations of fibres and recyclable matrices. Your application and your requirements are the deciding factors. With W8SVR, the right material is always at the right place.
We will be happy to help you select the right materials.